It might only be Easter time, but it is starting to feel like Summer already! Longer days and (slightly) more sunshine, puts me in the mood for light dishes and salads! This curried giant couscous salad recipe, is perfect as a lunch or side, you might want to add some tofu or seitan to turn it into a main meal.
We served the giant couscous salad with a mixed salad (baby leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, spring onions, pine nuts and avocado), garlic-mustard-balsamic dressing, merchant gourmet puy lentils, houmous and various vegan hot dogs, sausages and veggie burgers.
- 300g whole wheat giant couscous
- 1 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 750ml veg stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop shallots and crush garlic. Saute in oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Chop pepper, add to pan and saute for a few minutes.
- Add 300g whole wheat giant couscous, chickpeas (drained) and curry powder. Stir to combine and heat until fragrant.
- Add 750ml veg stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Stir through raisins and leave to cool.