This nice simple activity, was inspired by my son, who took his love of natural dyes/paints and tried to redecorate our front room with half a cherry!!
- recycled texture paper (thicker than standard paper), something like watercolour paper would be perfect!
- fruit (we used defrosted frozen fruit, but you could also use fresh)
- charred sticks (I made these from some sticks in the garden, which I charred using our hob, best not to let the kiddies help with this! If you have had a bonfire or campfire recently, you could let the kiddies pick some charred sticks from the left overs, after it has properly cooled of course!)
The selection of fruits we used was: Strawberries, Cranberries, Blueberries, Mango, Cherries.
More ways to explore painting with natural materials:
- compare painting with fresh vs defrosted vs frozen fruits
- try crushing fruits to extract juice or blending green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale or boiling red cabbage
- try using different plant leaves and flowers
Find out more about creative table invitations.