So, it’s been a few days. The tonsils got the best of me and I needed a little break. We’re in the home stretch now, so I’m gonna pull out all the stops this weekend and try and get a few more pieces of clothing sewn up!
The pattern for this tunic comes from Ottobre Spring 2012. The fabric is an organic jersey ladybird print and the binding is an organic ribbing in black and sewn together using organic cotton sewing thread. It would have been nice to have added either a matching red binding or a contrasting binding but I am trying very hard just to use up my fabric stash and this is all I have!!
Lily seemed rather taken with it. This was the first time she ever said something other than “too big too big, take it away”. Today I got “oh wow! A pretty new dress just for me!” so it was a particularly worthwhile sewing project! Overall I think I managed to sew this jersey without too many problems. There is a little stretching on the neckline binding, so it isn’t quite as nice as I would have liked. Every time I sew with knits on my very basic sewing machine, I start dreaming of an overlocker….
I’m really looking forward to the last two days, although Lily is going on holiday next week, so I might be able to fit in a bit more sewing next week as well if I am really lucky!